The city has a public library that began operations in 2005.
The Desert Sands Unified School District services the entire city of La Quinta, and maintains the following public schools:
- Harry S. Truman Elementary School
- Benjamin Franklin Elementary School, an IB World School
- Amelia Earhart Elementary School of International Studies, an IB World School
- La Quinta Middle School, opened in 1987, a charter school.
- Colonel Mitchell Paige Middle School on the city limits with Palm Desert.
- John Glenn Middle School of Intermediate Studies in nearby Indio.
- John Adams Early Childhood Education Center, formerly Elementary school until 2016.
- George Washington Carver Elementary School.
- Summit High School, a continuation high school opened in 2006, next to Mitchell Paige Middle School.
- Horizon High School and Horizon Middle School located next to the Desert Sands Unified School District administration building.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.